BACK TO VERN’S MUSING A(1 -100)
PRIVATE EDITING In this article or discussion, a DREAM is a vision, an aspiration or desire of GIGANTIC Proportion that requires GOD’s hand to start, maintain and to complete. Natural talents and gifts are not enough.
TO LEAD, CREATE A SHARED VISION
- If you have money you can finance your dream with money.
- If it involves a business you can meet the people needs with money.
- If it is a Ministry, you need to create a vision that is shared with your volunteers.
- If you can’t get people to follow you, You will be a lone ranger with a vision.
01 TO LEAD, CREATE A SHARED VISION
02 BEFORE YOU START
03 OBSTACLES YOU WILL ENCOUNTER
04 PEOPLE YOU WILL NEED
05 BOOKS THAT HAVE HELPED ME
06 EXAMPLES OF RELEASED DREAMS
07 BLITZING THE INTERNET
08 BOOKS FOR THE WRITER(me)
BEFORE YOU START
Proverbs 19:21(KJV) 21 There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of The Lord, that shall stand.
I find that asking myself some questions helps me sort out my thoughts. Below are two set of questions My Questions and that of a John C. Maxwell.
2. In Luke 14:25-36 Jesus explains to the multitudes if someone wants to be his disciple he needs to first sit down and count what it costs to be a disciple. Deciding to be a disciple is similar to deciding whether or not you wish to the build a tower or go to war. It is not a simple decision. You need to have time, energy and resources to build a tower and the internal grit, perseverance, and strength to go to the end. Or you might have stop building and quit.
Luke 14:28-30(KJV) 28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, 30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luke 14:31-32(KJV) 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Do you have enough time, money and energy IE Resources? How much time, money, energy are you willing to put into releasing your dream ? The dream for your life needs to connected to the various relationships in your life. IE your spouse, your children, your family. This stage of your life will determine how much of your time, energy and resources you need to spend pursuing this dream. It might mean that you need to put a hold on your dream.
Click on this: “A Balanced LIFE ” You might need to reorganize your life priorities.
3. What good habits, knowledge, or skills do you need to acquire to accomplish your goal? Do you have capacity, or the potential to acquire this skill? Do you have the time, energy and resources to do this.
4. What bad habits do you need to be rid off ? Do you want to rid yourself of those habits?
5. –On modern day audio MP3 or video DVD players there is a button that permits the rapid advancement of a recording . By holding the “fast forward button” down, you can rapidly advance the sequence of events of the movie until you reach a future point People often do this to find out the end of a story.
—–Guidance Counselors often suggest high school students do a projection of their life to map out their life. Usually after making several projections of the student’s life the counselor will ask the student; “We have mapped out several paths of your life, which of the paths would you like to pursue. “
—–Our lives can be thought of jam packed with events sequentially recorded on God’s DVD. The events are all tentative on that DVD until that moment is passed. After each point in time the events are permanently burned. Once we spend that moment, we cannot reclaim it.
—–There is a DVD for each of us. Some of the events on that DVD are shared in common on more then one person’s DVD. That is because we were both there at the same time, same location. The camera’s view will different. Using your mind you can use your imagination to move your life one, two, five years theoretically and visualize what you will be doing at various stages of your life. This is called doing a projection of your life.
—–There are many who do this to frequently evaluate their lives. businessmen do it, John Maxwell does. These who evaluate are those who want their life to count.
Paul did this in when he said in
—–2 Timothy 4:6-8(KJV) 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
ECCLESIASTES 1:8(KJV) 8 All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
7. What gifts, talents, abilities, education do you have? Ask yourself what strengths are required to accomplish your dream ? What weaknesses do I have? What ever you lack you need to acquire or purchase. If this dream is from God, you can ask God to provide.
8. Write down your goals in the form of vision and a mission statement.
9. Make a plan. Keep the plans and operation of your dream simple. Don’t expand faster then God gives you permission.
12 Is the dream one you have one of high visibility or low visibility Not every thing in God’s kingdom is visible. Are you one who need a lot of visibility to be happy. Sometimes those in the shadows play a more important part.
13. What platform do you have from which you will use speak. Are you a television type personality, radio type personality, writers type personality. Do you have the gift of gab? the power of persuasion? Are you a leader? Are you an encourager? Are you a micro manager or macro manager?
13 What verses in the Bible are good indicators of about success and prosperity? I asked a friend who was preparing for the ministry, what indicators would he use to indicate his success in the ministry.? Pastors share the number of people attended a church, Sunday school, the number of decisions for Jesus, the amount the collected.
14 The Bible says we are body, mind and soul.
15. The Bible says God’s gifting are either speaking gifts or serving gifts.
The speaking gifts require that what comes out of your mouth comes from God.
The serving gifts require that you have the strength, ability and the resources do accomplish something visible. .
—–JOHN C. MAXWELL’S QUESTIONS—-
Once you sort through all the questions above you can address the questions about your DREAM. How do you measure a dream? By asking yourself 10 straightforward questions. If you can answer them positively, then the odds of your achieving your dream increase dramatically. check out this link
Buy and read his book for an in depth discussion.
1. The Ownership Question:
Is my dream really my dream?
2. The Clarity Question:
Do I clearly see my dream?
3. The Reality Question:
Am I depending on factors within my control to achieve my dream?
4. The Passion Question:
Does my dream compel me to follow it?
5. The Pathway Question:
Do I have a strategy to reach my dream?
6. The People Question:
Have I included the people I need to realize my dream?
7. The Cost Question:
Am I willing to pay the price for my dream?
8. The Tenacity Question:
Am I moving closer to my dream?
9. The Fulfillment Question:
Does working toward my dream bring satisfaction?
10. The Significance Question:
Does my dream benefit others?
“I believe that if you really explore each question, examine yourself honestly, and answer yes to all of them, your odds of achieving your dream are very good. The more yeses you can answer, the more on target you are to fulfill your dream. I truly believe that everyone has the potential to imagine a worthwhile dream, and most have the ability to achieve it.”
What do you think? How do you measure a dream? What factors do you use to predict success?